Monday, November 8, 2010

A Special Quote Of The Day!

Instead of the normal simple quote of the day, I normally share, I have to share the meaning behind this one.


"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."


I lost my father recently. It was and still is the hardest, life changing event I have experienced. One of the hardest parts was feeling like none of my friends truly understood what I was going through. They meant well but until you experience such a pain you just don’t get it. Looking back I’m very thankful none of them get it because that means they still have their daddy.


This summer my very best friend went through hell and back with her father. He passed somewhat peacefully but not before a long long journey in the hospital. So now my bestie and I live without our fathers.


At first I felt so helpless because I knew that horrible pain she was going through and I knew there was nothing I could do to help her. Part of me wanted to crawl into a hole and avoid her because it brought back all the feelings I have tried so hard to deal with. But that’s just not me. I have told her time and time again that we are so blessed to share so many of the same things in life, but this is one I really wish we didn’t have in common! Then I realized that maybe there is a reason I went through it first. Maybe I am that friend to her that gets it.


As we sat crying on the stairs of the church her sister recently got married at I realized I am that friend that gets it. Does that bring her peace? No, but it makes me so thankful that I can speak and listen in a way not everyone can.


Tonya stayed at the hospital with her father for weeks. She witnessed a long horrible experience and made decisions none of us would ever want to make. So as you can imagine the pain for her is horrible. As I stay by her side, through this, I hold my breath for the day I hear a little bit of peace in her words.


Today, I got this quote from her in an email. I cried…and cried…and cried. I could feel her within me as I read this. Sitting back and watching your best friend search her life for peace again is the 2nd hardest thing I have experienced.


Thanks Ton, for sharing life with me. You are the true meaning of a friend. May you find peace in your life!





No comments:

Post a Comment