Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine Baking in a BLIZZARD! - Continued



Well I must say I'm very proud of myself! Last week found us stuck in the house for 3 days. It was a good thing because it took me 3 days to clean my kitchen up. :)




As I said last week, I decided to do a little something more for valentine's day this year so we made several gift baskets. They included pie's in a jar, pie bites & sugar cookies. I found the cute little plastic heart bowls at target.



A pie in a jar? Who would have thought! They turned out DELICIOUS and I've never made a crust from scratch until last week! I love pie however I am the only one that will eat it and can only handle a piece every once in awhile. You make these up, put them in the freezer, and then bake when you are ready....right in the jar! I promise it works I did it!




The pie bites were so dang cute I couldn't stand it. I choose to make apple and chocolate cherry bites. They were so cute I didn't get a picture of them before I wrapped them. Sorry! Cute little hearts with filling sandwiched between. YumO!



And of course sugar cookies! I was a little afraid these weren't going to turn out because I made the dough and didn't bake them for another 3 days. They were wonderful! Even the frosting was DeLiSh!


I delivered them Saturday and they were a HIT! ourbestbites.com is quickly becoming my favorite cooking site! The recipe's they post are so easy to follow and I'm thinking they are ALL fool proof. I have yet to make something from their site that was not good. You rock ladies!

Find all the recipe's at http://www.ourbestbites.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment